This veterinary approved webinar is written and presented by a clinical animal behaviourist and qualified registered veterinary nurse. It has been designed for pet professionals, fulfilling Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. However, it is also suitable for an owner whose dog already has a degree of separation anxiety.
There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate of completion you must answer some multiple choice questions, which have been designed to ensure that you have learned the material.
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms of anxiety, how they develop and how you may be able to prevent them.
- How to prepare for treatment and how to carry out relaxation and training techniques.
- Advice when getting a new dog.
- How to recognise low level signs of stress.
- Relaxation techniques and how to use technology to your advantage.
- See full course curriculum below.
- Written by a qualified animal behaviourist with a busy behaviour referral practice.
- Easy-to-digest lessons give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
- Webinar slides presented with a voiceover – as if you were sitting in a real-life lecture theatre.
- Includes helpful training guides, informational factsheets and links to published scientific research.
- Tutor and technical support available.
- Lifetime access to dip in and out of the course whenever you need to refresh your knowledge.
- CPD Certificate of completion.
- CPD Transcript for prospective employers.
- Separation Anxiety Overview E-Book
- Works on computers, tablets & smartphones.
- Dog owners
- Dog walkers
- Dog groomers
- Dog carers / sitters
- Dog trainers
- Rescue centre workers
- Animal behaviourists
- Veterinary nurses
- Pet professionals
Caroline is so knowledgeable and the way in which the course was presented was very easy to understand and follow. Found the content and the downloads very useful and will be using these techniques to support my clients who have dogs with separation anxiety.
I will definitely be completing further courses with Caroline and hoping to attend some of the face-to-face workshops as well.
Having attended many of Caroline’s courses, this course is again very useful and informative. Caroline has such and vast knowledge and put this across in a way that is easy to grasp.
This is the first one I have done online and it works really well.
Lots of handy tips, along with important stages on how to help a dog become more at ease with being left on their own. But also covers general anxiety tips too which was really handy and how to tell the difference between separation anxiety and general anxiety.
Very user friendly and simple to navigate course. Caroline explains a very complex issue in a clear and easy to understand manner. Will look forward to using course content to educate clients at the practice I work in, especially the owners of puppies obtained during lockdown. I would 100% recommend this course to all veterinary staff and dog owners, as a tool to preventing separation problems from arising. For anyone already experiencing separation issues with their dog, this course will be extremely useful but I would suggest they seek Caroline’s help (or another behaviourist) direct due to the complex nature of the condition.