Do you own a dog that has separation anxiety?
Are you a dog trainer/behaviourist, dog carer or veterinary nurse wishing to know more about separation anxiety so you can help provide up-to-date accurate advice?
This short, veterinary approved, online seminar, is presented and designed by a clinical animal behaviourist. The online seminar format is a virtual presentation presented with voice over. Split into easy-to-digest lessons that give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
It is suitable for either the pet professional or for an owner whose dog already has a degree of separation anxiety.There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate of completion you must answer some multiple choice questions, which have been designed to ensure that you have learned the material.
- Written by a qualified animal behaviourist with a busy behaviour referral practice.
- Suitable for verifiable continuing professional development.
- Assessed and approved by highly qualified pet professionals.
- Free training guides and links to published scientific research included.
About The Author, Caroline Clark
She is a qualified member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC) and a registered clinical animal behaviourist with the Association of Behaviour and Training Council (ABTC). She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Companion Animal Behaviour Counselling and is also a Registered Veterinary Nurse. Caroline holds a professional teaching qualification.
What you'll learn:
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms of anxiety, how they develop and how you may be able to prevent them.
- How to prepare for treatment and how to carry out relaxation and training techniques. (See full curriculum below).
- Pet professionals
- Dog walkers
- Veterinary nurses
- Dog carers/sitters
- Dog trainers
- Dog kennels/hotels
- Dedicated dog owners
Online Course Content
I really enjoyed this course. It was interesting, clearly organised, practical and very helpful. As a vet, I have been concerned about the effects of lockdown on dogs and this has really helped with my confidence in advising owners. It has also confirmed that treating separation anxiety is not something that can be tackled effectively in a 15 min consult and it is really good to know I can refer interested owners to this course for more support.