High reactivity – perhaps better described as high sensitivity – is one of the most challenging canine behaviours to understand and treat. This is mainly because these dogs tend to be more impulsive and they don’t process information in a measured way, often responding without considering the consequences. The more reactive and impulsive they are the more difficult it is to intervene and redirect them.
This online course is designed for anyone who owns, works with, or wants to help reactive dogs. During the course you will learn about the factors associated with high reactivity, common triggers, how to protect a dog from those triggers and ways to support, manage and treat them using safe and kind methods.
The course is made up of multiple learning processes, such as written content, webinars, downloadable resources, suggested tasks, recommended reading and references. There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate you must answer some multiple choice questions.
- To provide you with a better understanding of canine reactivity.
- To give you a greater awareness of some of the common motivating factors associated with canine reactivity.
- To give you greater knowledge of a range of treatment strategies.
- To help you feel more confident in formulating and implementing a plan of action.
- Written by an experienced, qualified animal behaviourist with a busy behaviour referral practice.
- Easy-to-digest lessons give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
- Includes recorded webinars, which are slides presented with a voiceover.
- Includes a comprehensive list of references and related research.
- Tutor and technical support available.
- Lifetime access to dip in and out of the course whenever you need to refresh your knowledge.
- CPD Certificate of completion.
- CPD Transcript for prospective employers.
- CPD Reflection for professional portfolio and CPD log.
- Works on computers, tablets & smartphones.
This course has been a great way to learn and understand the reasons why a dog may react to people, dogs or other objects, and shows multiple techniques to help them. It also helps you understand from the caregivers perspective and how you can also support them during training.
I thoroughly enjoyed this course and appreciated the way it was broken down into manageable sections. There was a variety of learning methods used throughout including reading text, watching videos, testing knowledge via multiple choice questions and case studies. I feel as though I can provide a better service within my job role, which was my ultimate aim as a result of undertaking this course. Thank you for some wonderful insights!