This veterinary approved and externally accredited online course is written and designed by a qualified animal behaviourist with a busy behaviour referral practice. In the course you will learn feline body language and how to assess emotions, along with socialisation and other critical phases in a cat’s life.
The course is made up of multiple learning processes, such as written content, webinars, downloadable resources, directed tasks, recommended reading and references. There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate you must answer some multiple choice questions at the end of each module.
- To learn about feline structure and society.
- To have a solid understanding of feline body language and how to assess emotions.
- To learn about behavioural development – socialisation and other critical phases in their life.
- To learn how fear and anxiety impacts on behaviour.
- To understand the link between behavioural and medical problems.
- How to work safely with cats and preventing problems in the workplace.
- See full course curriculum below.
- Written by an experienced, qualified animal behaviourist with a busy behaviour referral practice.
- Easy-to-digest lessons give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
- Over 4 hours of recorded webinars, which are slides presented with a voiceover.
- A comprehensive list of references and related research for each module.
- Factsheets, questionnaires, templates and other helpful resources.
- Tutor and technical support available.
- Lifetime access to dip in and out of the course whenever you need to refresh your knowledge.
- CPD Certificate of completion.
- CPD Transcript for prospective employers.
- CPD Reflection for professional portfolio and CPD log.
- Case Studies E-Book
- Works on computers, tablets & smartphones.
- Veterinary nurses
- Animal behaviourists
- Cattery workers
- Animal trainers
- Cat carers / sitters
- Rescue centre workers
- Pet professionals
- Dedicated cat owners
Amazing course, well written and extremely knowledgeable well organized with a very high quality content also very interesting and practical something that I can definitely use day to day as a RVN and I would highly recommend this course whether you are professional or not.
As an RVN, I feel this course is incredibly insightful. Some sections are more of a refresher and some have taught me new things. all round a great course. I only wish that a separate course had been made for RVN’s as there was a lot of concepts/terminology that was explained in detail that I already knew and most veterinary nurses would already know so I made me lose focus a bit.
However, I did find it all interesting and feel I am a better nurse for it.
Having worked and studied within the animal industry for almost 20 years it was really refreshing to come across a course with content that was new. The course itself is set out to appeal to all learning techniques, be it visual, audio or practical. I thoroughly enjoyed working my way through the content.
On this course I learn a great deal of signs to recognise cat stress/fear/anxiety signs. It is very educational as it provide a lot of different sources and examples. I really encourage to everyone who owns/deals with cats to get enrol on this fabulous course.
Wonderful course, extremely well organised with a very high quality content, a lot of very important, useful and practical information, from a true professional who has a real passion for cats and animal welfare, you can feel it through every part of the course. I highly recommend this course to everyone!
The layout of the course: written part + videos provides great insight into the subject.
The links to additional resources are a welcome addition and make the course stand out.
I enrolled in other feline courses from other providers that were a waste of time and money: the information was poor and you had to do a lot of research yourself, sumbit the research and wait for ages to have it graded.
At Petcourses you get all the information you need clearly written, plus additional resources, so everything is there for you to dig in.
End of module tests don’t need to be graded, so everything goes smoothly at your own pace.
Great value for the price.
I really enjoyed this course.
It provides a solid introduction to all the major topics in cat behaviour counselling and it is simple, but clear and thorough.
I think it is great value for its price and I strongly recommend it to anyone who is approaching to cat behaviour counselling, or simply to cat owners who want to improve their knowledge and their relationship with their pets.
A fantastic course.
Well written and extremely knowledgeable.
I liked how it is easily laid out and simple to follow.
The instructional videos are extremely useful and informative. Also, all the downloadable material is fantastic to keep and refer back to.
I would highly recommend this course whether you are a professional or cat guardian.
A comprehensive course that has increased my knowledge, understanding and confidence in this topic area and which I hope to put to good use by understanding better the felines in my care.
Enjoyed completing this course lots of good practical information. Easy to read and understand. Lots of information that will be able to be applied to work in shelters, where the population of cats tends to be anxious or stressed and staff often see aggression. Highly recommend this course.