To enrol, add this course to your basket and create or log in to your student account at checkout.
The course has been designed for pet owners, charity workers/volunteers and those who may wish to pursue a career working with dogs.
This course has been accredited with the Continuing Professional Development Office which means it has been validated by an independent body.
The aim of this course is:
- To provide you with an appreciation of the welfare issues that impact on the dog through ill health.
- To provide you with the skills to carry out a safe and accurate canine health check/ examination.
- To enable you to recognise a range of different canine ailments and conditions.
- To help you understand how to control and prevent the spread of infection.
- To provide you with the skills to carry out basic treatments and medication that has been prescribed by a veterinary surgeon.
To accompany this course I have included a FREE recording taken from one of my hosted presentations and so gives you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual lecture”. This 1 hour recorded lecture has been edited so that each topic area accompanies the corresponding lesson.
Did you know?
This course is also available for pet professionals. In addition this includes:
- Online graded assignment
- Certificate and record of achievement
- A printable transcript for CPD purposes, great for prospective employers.
Do remember that you can direct questions to me personally through the online student facility at any time and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.