This veterinary approved and externally accredited online course is written and designed by a qualified registered veterinary nurse and clinicial animal behaviourist. It has been designed for pet professionals, fulfilling Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. However, it is suitable for pet owners too.
The course is made up of multiple learning processes, such as written content, video demonstrations, downloadable resources and suggested tasks. There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate you must answer some multiple choice questions. Like human first aid, it is recommended that you refresh your skills every three years.
- To appreciate the welfare issues that impact on the dog through ill health.
- To carry out a safe and accurate canine health check/examination.
- To recognise a range of different canine ailments and conditions.
- Understand how to control and prevent the spread of infection.
- How to carry out basic treatments and medication that has been prescribed by a veterinary surgeon.
- See full course curriculum below.
- Written with the benefit of practical veterinary experience.
- Information and content based on the latest veterinary standards.
- FREE 1 hour recorded seminar, edited so that each topic area accompanies the corresponding lesson.
- Easy-to-digest lessons give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
- Recorded video demonstrations.
- Tutor and technical support available.
- Lifetime access to dip in and out of the course whenever you need to refresh your knowledge.
- Accredited CPD certificate of completion.
- Works on computers, tablets & smartphones.
- Pet professionals
- Dog trainers
- Dog carers / sitters
- Kennel workers
- Dog groomers
- Dog walkers
- Dog wardens / community officers
- Rescue centre workers
- Dedicated dog owners
A wealth of truly interesting and useful learning, presented in easily-digested lessons, with lots of opportunity to look further into areas of particular interest by using the web links provided and going from there. An ideal course for anyone wanting to be a better-informed dog owner or carer.
Your dog will thank you for taking this course!
I have found this course extremely informative and it has great detail. It’s perfect if you want to further develop your knowledge on canine health and wellbeing following the completion of the First Aid course.
Very useful, including a mock scenario (practice run) in which you are hypothetically responsible for analysing and providing care and instructions for a dog showing symptoms of illness. A little thrown off by the inclusion of homeopathy in the alternative therapies submodule, but would definitely recommend the course.
This course has given me so much information and helped me to expand my knowledge in many areas, I am very happy with the support available and I look forward to completing further courses to continue to expand my knowledge and help provide advise and care for dog owners.
Excellent Canine Health and Welfare course, Exceptional value for money, Highly recommend, Fantastic educational layout, from a highly valued and caring professional – that is of course Caroline Clark.
I am sure to be your student for sometime as i am enrolling in your other accredited courses – that i cannot wait, and feel lucky to be learning and studying under such expertise.
Thank you, Katie R.
The learning online was perfect for me. This course is very new to me and I have to say it was very insightful and interesting indeed. The video tutorial assisted in consolidating information equally extra pointers that was good to know.
One in particular section: Understanding Disease and Infections was an eye opener and I really enjoyed that.
Great content, Great tutor, Great Course. Thank you
I found the course covers a nice range of topics, with lots of information without being too wordy so it doesn’t get dull. I liked that it was broken up by videos and plenty of self assessments. Useful links to other websites as well, I learnt some new things which would be beneficial for my own dog!