This veterinary approved and externally accredited online course is written and designed by a qualified registered veterinary nurse and clinicial animal behaviourst. Easy-to-digest lessons give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
To accompany this course I have included a FREE recording taken from one of my hosted presentations and so gives you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual lecture”. This 1 hour recorded lecture has been edited so that each topic area accompanies the corresponding lesson.
There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate of completion you must answer some multiple choice questions, which have been designed to ensure that you have learned the material. Like human first aid, it is recommended that you refresh your skills every three years.
- Written with the benefit of practical veterinary experience.
- Information and content based on the latest veterinary standards.
- Assessed and approved by highly qualified pet professionals.
- This course is NOT designed to replace veterinary treatment and attention.
About The Author, Caroline Clark
She is a qualified member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC) and a registered clinical animal behaviourist with the Association of Behaviour and Training Council (ABTC). She has a Post Graduate Diploma in Companion Animal Behaviour Counselling and is also a Registered Veterinary Nurse. Caroline holds a professional teaching qualification.
What you'll learn:
- To provide you with an appreciation of the welfare issues that impact on the dog through ill health.
- To provide you with the skills to carry out a safe and accurate canine health check/ examination.
- To enable you to recognise a range of different canine ailments and conditions.
- To help you understand how to control and prevent the spread of infection.
- To provide you with the skills to carry out basic treatments and medication that has been prescribed by a veterinary surgeon. (See full curriculum below).
- Pet professionals
- Dog walkers
- Veterinary nurses
- Dog carers/sitters
- Dog trainers
- Dog kennels/hotels
- Dedicated dog owners
Excellent Canine Health and Welfare course, Exceptional value for money, Highly recommend, Fantastic educational layout, from a highly valued and caring professional – that is of course Caroline Clark.
I am sure to be your student for sometime as i am enrolling in your other accredited courses – that i cannot wait, and feel lucky to be learning and studying under such expertise.
Thank you, Katie R.
The learning online was perfect for me. This course is very new to me and I have to say it was very insightful and interesting indeed. The video tutorial assisted in consolidating information equally extra pointers that was good to know.
One in particular section: Understanding Disease and Infections was an eye opener and I really enjoyed that.
Great content, Great tutor, Great Course. Thank you
I found the course covers a nice range of topics, with lots of information without being too wordy so it doesn’t get dull. I liked that it was broken up by videos and plenty of self assessments. Useful links to other websites as well, I learnt some new things which would be beneficial for my own dog!