This veterinary approved and accredited online course is suitable for pet professionals, e.g. dog walkers, vet nurses, groomers, dog carers, dog trainers/behaviourists, etc, fulfilling continuing professional development (CPD) requirements. Also suitable for dog owners. Covering a range of topics with video demonstrations, downloads to keep, tutor help if you need it and a final accredited course certificate.
The aim of this course is:
- Recognise and respond to a range of first aid situations.
- Carry out a safe assessment of the dog.
- Respond to a range of first aid situations.
- Carry out basic first aid treatments whilst waiting for veterinary attention.
This course concentrates on the dog although many of the first aid principles apply to other mammals too as the body systems work in a very similar way.
2. For all first aid cases, a veterinary surgeon should be contacted as soon as possible.