This veterinary approved and externally accredited online course is written and designed by a qualified registered veterinary nurse and clinicial animal behaviourist. It has been designed for veterinary receptionists, fulfilling Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. Veterinary receptionists’ are invariably the ones who have to deal with emergencies over the phone and at the front desk. So having some knowledge of first aid could be the difference between life and death.
The course is made up of multiple learning processes, such as written content, video demonstrations, downloadable resources and suggested tasks. There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate you must answer some multiple choice questions. Like human first aid, it is recommended that you refresh your skills every three years.
- To recognise and respond to a range of first aid situations.
- How to carry out basic telephone triage and gathering vital information.
- To carry out a safe assessment of the dog.
- How to support distressed owners.
- How to give accurate advice over the phone.
- Basic principles, safe handling, up-to-date CPR and much more.
- Fulfils PSS (12.1.3 – Any member of the team carrying out triage or first aid on an animal must have had appropriate training).
- See full course curriculum below.
- Written with the benefit of practical veterinary experience.
- Information and content based on the latest veterinary standards.
- Life saving techniques based on internationally recognised authority in veterinary CPR.
- Easy-to-digest lessons give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
- Recorded video demonstrations.
- Tutor and technical support available.
- Lifetime access to dip in and out of the course whenever you need to refresh your knowledge.
- Accredited CPD certificate of completion.
- CPD reflection for professional portfolio and CPD log.
- CPD transcript for prospective employers.
- Unique ‘Accredited First Aider’ membership badge graphic to use on your website or social media.
- Quick reference E-Book.
- Works on computers, tablets & smartphones.
- Veterinary Receptionists
- Nursing Assistants
- Veterinary Nurses
- Trainee Veterinary Nurses
- Ward / Kennel Staff
- Pet professionals
FREE Health & Welfare Course Sample
I found this course very beneficial, I have enjoyed learning about Canine first aid and would like to continue my knowledge in this topic. I have enjoyed being able to do a course online within the time that I can, however I would also be interested in a in person course to really expand my knowledge.
The canine first aid course was packed with information. Nothing was left uncovered from CPR and bleeds to strains, sprains and prioritising injuries. The course was topped off with great videos, diagrams and downloadable leaflets. I have gained knowledge on topics I didn’t know about and have furthered my knowledge in other areas. The course is definitely worth doing and has given me more confidence within my job role as well as with my own pets.