To enrol, add this course to your basket and create or log in to your student account at checkout.
The course has been designed for pet professionals, such as dog groomers, trainers, kennel workers, dog walkers, and dog sitters/carers, fulfilling continuing professional development (CPD) requirements.
This course has been accredited with the Continuing Professional Development Office which means it has been validated by an independent body.
The aim of this course is:
- To provide you with an appreciation of the welfare issues that impact on the dog through ill health.
- To provide you with the skills to carry out a safe and accurate canine health check/ examination.
- To enable you to recognise a range of different canine ailments and conditions.
- To help you understand how to control and prevent the spread of infection.
- To provide you with the skills to carry out basic treatments and medication that has been prescribed by a veterinary surgeon.
In addition this course for pet professionals includes:
- Online graded assignment
- Certificate and record of achievement
- A printable transcript for CPD purposes, great for prospective employers.
To accompany this course I have included a FREE recording taken from one of my hosted presentations and so gives you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual lecture”. This 1 hour recorded lecture has been edited so that each topic area accompanies the corresponding lesson.
Do remember that you can direct questions to me personally through the online student facility at any time and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.
Please note: This online course features much of the same content as the Certificate in Canine Health & Welfare course. However, because this course is designed for those already working within the industry, the student will be assessed through a written online graded assignment, to ensure a level of competence suitable someone working with dogs in a professional capacity.