This short, veterinary approved webinar is written and presented by a clinical animal behaviourist and qualified registered veterinary nurse. It has been designed for pet professionals, fulfilling Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. However, it is also suitable for cat or dog owners who have an anxious pet that they want to help and understand better.
This course is a great foundation to the subject or a refresher for the current professional.
There are no exams, but to obtain your certificate of completion you must answer some multiple choice questions, which have been designed to ensure that you have learned the material.
- To learn what anxiety is and how to recognise the signs.
- To understand how body language is used to express anxiety.
- To learn how anxiety leads to aggression.
- To understand the importance of socialisation and habituation.
- Learn focus & control training techniques and how to promote emotional well-being.
- See full course curriculum below.
- Written by a qualified animal behaviourist with a busy behaviour referral practice.
- Easy-to-digest lessons give you the flexibility to learn at home at your own pace.
- Webinar slides presented with a voiceover – as if you were sitting in a real-life lecture theatre.
- Helpful training downloads and informational factsheets.
- Tutor and technical support available.
- Lifetime access to dip in and out of the course whenever you need to refresh your knowledge.
- CPD Certificate of completion.
- Works on computers, tablets & smartphones.
- Dog owners
- Dog walkers
- Dog groomers
- Dog carers / sitters
- Dog trainers
- Rescue centre / kennel workers
- Animal behaviourists
- Veterinary nurses
- Pet professionals
What can we do to help?
Fantastic webinar introducing ten top tips to help reduce pet anxiety. This is the 2nd course I’ve completed with petcourses.co.Uk and I love the bite size layout. Sometimes an hour long CPD seems daunting and requires full attention for this time, when modern life doesn’t always allow a full hour with no interruptions. The course content was great, giving further reading and suggestions to contemplate for the anxious pet. Thank you! ☺️
I have a major problem with anxiety stress tension amongst my 4 cats and had almost exhausted all ideas. But this course has give me a few more ideas and extra info to try out for which I’m grateful. Presentation was good, easy to follow, interesting and kept my attention
Excellent introduction to this topic, especially if you volunteer at an animal shelter. The topics are clear, offer no nonsense information, and offer handy hints and tips narrated by the soothing Caroline Clark.. There are downloads that expand the topics and websites links to expand your knowledge further. Pleasant way to learn, most enjoyable.
I found this course covered, in easy-to-learn modules, a well defined introduction to cat and dog anxiety and stress. Caroline’s narration of the power points is excellent and has many examples which are very helpful. I plan on taking the next level of courses.